we all took something from the disney characters…
Disney Analysis turned 1 today!
TRIGGER WARNING: DEPRESSION
”I was depressed for long time, and I still am. Anna has this sort of optimism and happiness that I wish I had. Watching Frozen has made me a lot happier.”
Considering how long the trolls live, I wonder if the “baby” trolls who want Kristoff’s attention were actually his playmates growing up - he just, being human, outpaced them.
And I then wonder if that became something to whine about to their parents.
"But Kristoff gets to go out by himself!"
“You’re only 65 years old, Garnet, and don’t you worry about what Kristoff is doing, it’s none of your business!”
That is good story telling right there!
Kristoff not needing words.
One of my favorite things about Kristoff is how he doesn’t say, or doesn’t want to say what he’s feeling, but his emotions are clear as day.
He doesn’t need to say that Anna is becoming less of a chore and more of a friend, his smile shows it.
He doesn’t need to say that he’s worrried about Anna, he shows it through is gestures.
He doesn’t need to say that he thinks that Sven is right, because his face says it all for us.
He doesn’t need to say that he needs Anna in his life, his actions show it all for us.
He doesn’t need to say that he loves Anna…
Because everything he does shows that it’s true.
Make Me Choose: Tiana or
"Pocahontas was one of my favorite movies growing up. I fell in love with John Smith and jokingly tell my friends that he’s the reason I like blond haired, blue eyed guys. The music was amazing and makes me long to know my Native American history. Sadly, that’s not a possibility since my family tree dead ends with orphans, but watching the movie makes me feel a little closer to my past (even though it’s not historically correct)"
reasons kristoff is the hottest disney prince
- super strong. like superman strong (you just know he could have kept swingin’ anna around clear through the credits if she wanted him to)
- shoulders roughly the same width as the entire country of norway (good handholds for piggyback rides)
- blondness (see: incorrect signifiers of level of manliness)
- likes hugs!
- will totes kick your loser ex-boyfriend’s ass but will chill and watch approvingly if you want to DIY
- likes kids and has 10+ years experience with embarrassing families (you can bring him to thanksgiving dinner, it won’t faze him, he’ll be making lego reindeers with your nephew while everyone throws stuffing at each other)
- boundary/consent skills are A++
- but is also really good with rope (laaaaadies)
- owns his own business!
- can play the lute and has an amazing vibrato
- big feet (oh, it matters)
- will adopt your awkward speech mannerisms because he’s an adorable dork
- is an adorable dork overall
- while also being a tall, handsome, broad-shouldered blond who could lift you over his head and kiss you senseless but wouldn’t unless he knew it was okay with you first
thank you and goodnight
They just can’t wait to be king
Then I wonder…what was wrong with this girl? She seems pretty and knows how to bow. Get to know her! Just because she isn’t wearing a sparkly motherflipping dress.
maybe he’s got a thing for blondes?
He likes his own preference. See here’s the thing that makes their love so awesome. No other woman stood out before Cinderella. Sure, they’re all beautiful but remember? The prince thought this was boring. He would rather be out riding his horse or something than meeting all these women. He wasn’t looking for love. He just did this ball because the king wanted it. He’s annoyed and looks up at his father yawning because he doesn’t want to be with anyone. Then Cinderella comes and she’s the ONLY one not in line waiting to meet him. She’s the only one who has no idea what she’s doing there and she’s walking around aimlessly. That’s what caught the prince. Some of you might say that it was her beautiful dress but I tend to believe that it was because she was the only one who wasn’t waiting to see him. He knew all these women just liked him because he’s the prince. He knew they were only after the kingdom so they could be rich (like Cinderella’s step-sisters). He could tell Cinderella was different. Even if her dress made him notice her first, it’s the woman that makes the dress. Not the dress that makes the woman. To seal the deal, when Cinderella is running away, her excuse is that she hasn’t met the prince which shows him that she fell in love for him. Not his royalty.
I am a Prince…. Long May I Reign.
And this is why we love these guys.
- Keep your chin up ✮
- TV Tropes → Clopin Trouillefou (Part 2)
(see captions for brief trope summaries)
some pretty disney outfits